If you are tracing for the TDS Challan 280 status, track it online from this article. Here we are going to show you how one can trace the various kinds of challans and e-challans online. Challan is an important proof for the tax payer that he or she has paid the tax. Income tax official NSDL site has offered this facility for viewing the current Challan 280 form online. This shows that your money is safely reached to tax department and your name is registered in the tax payer community. Here we are showing you the most important matter of how to trace the TDS Challan status online.
How to Track Challan 280 Status
- First meet to the registered NSDL portal.
- Here you will be provided two options, one accounted for tax payers and second is for collecting banks.
- Choose the Tax Payer option.
- Select the CIN or TIN option. CIN is actually a Challan Identification No used to trace the Challan status.
- Now the new page will open where you need to submit the relevant details like
- BSR Code of collecting branch
- Challan Tender Date
- CIN no
- Optional (Amount deposited)
- Now type the same Captcha Code displaying over here.
- Now time is to click on View button.
Now Status of challan 280 is on your computer, laptop screen. You can also download Challan 280 form right from its official website. This is very significant and important aspects to know about you have paid your tax. The most suitable time to check your TDS Challan status is after seven days of payment. You can clearly check the amount you paid is same and also your name is correctly displaying in the list of tax payer. You can know your Challan status within 24 months in any day and any time. This challan is very helpful for you in filing the income tax refund too. If you feel that your name is not displaying and your entry is missing, you can contact to the income tax department and inquire about this matter.